Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Long Due update

Long overdue for an update here. I've gotten a ton of riding in since being up here ranging from an afternoon ride with a co-worker and his friends around CT to a 'long way' back to Stamford from my family's place outside Boston through Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont.

I had to change my oil when I was in upstate New York for the horse races and dropped down to MAX BMW in Troy, NY - the largest dealer of BMW motorcycles in North America.  At first I was told there was a 2 week wait list to get in for services but they said to stop by in case they could squeeze me in as I was traveling.  I rode in on Saturday and I was told they could fit me in for a quick oil change.  Much to my surprise, when I brought my bike around back I ran into an old friend I went to high school with, Ben Stratton, who happens to own and run both of these shops (they have one in NH as well) with his brother. 


Since leaving TX I've ridden about 3,400 miles through 18 states.



visited 18 states (36%)



On the Taconic returning from the Travers horse race up in Saratoga Springs




Riding up/down the coast in New Hampshire with a family friend.




At the parent's house in Boston before heading up into Maine, NH and VT.



I had to stop for some fried clams at Woodman's in Essex, some of the best seafood out there, served in cardboard beer trays.



The Woodman's clam



the back roads of New Hampshire

No comments:

Post a Comment